Versatility at it's Best: Sklar 'Cross
Cross, cyclocross, all road, gravel grinder, adventure bike - These versatile machines are getting more popular by the minute, and there are lots of reasons why. Hop out the front door to explore long dirt roads with your friends. Run some fatter tires and open the opportunity for spontaneous singletrack exploration. Or maybe you want to run slicks for group rides and training, ride paths or roads and then put knobbies on in the fall to race cross. rack mounts for light touring? no problem.
I first worked my way into building and riding cross bikes as a means to get out and ride before snow melted off of the trails around Bozeman. As it turns out these versatile bikes are a Ton. Of. Fun. Before I knew it I was counting down the days until the next cross race each fall, and scouring google maps for new dirt road routes all winter, summer and spring. If you are serious about biking then a cross bike is undoubtedly a must. The ideal way to explore, push yourself, and have fun riding.
Steel is a great material for the gravel, all road or cyclocross bikes. Smooth when you need it over rough surfaces, but stiff when the hammer just needs to be dropped. Whether your background is in mountain or road riding your fit and ride characteristics can be perfectly tuned for a truly quiver killing bicycle.
Pricing & Options
- Tapered Head tube (optional)
- Post Mount Disc Brakes
- 142x12 Thru axles or QR
- Custom fit geometry and tubing selection
- Hand built just for you
- Single color wet paint or powder
- Frame Only: Starting at $2250
- Frame + Custom Steel fork: Starting at $2725
- Complete Builds: Starting at $4500
- Fully internal Dropper Routing: + $60
- PMW Sliding Dropouts: +$125
- Internal cable/hose routing: + $300 per route
- Paint/additional graphics - Starting at $400